About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Hallway Gate

Hey, this is Kyle, the husband, the man of the house, here to make my first entry to this here blog. Just the other day we ordered this sweet gate for our hallway, which is going to be great for when out little man is a toddler but also nice for keeping Lula out of the bedrooms/bathroom. Well, when my phone rang last night I ran out of our bedroom and down that hall until I reached the gate. It appeared that the gate was unlocked just from looking at the top of it, however, the connecting piece at the bottom of the gate was securely in place. When I went to gently push the door open I lost my balance because I didn't realize it was half locked and promptly laid into this innocent gate with all 185 lbs. of me and took the whole thing down. I don't know how I didn't completely scrape up the walls, but all I know is that I was upset. I thought I had ruined the gate for sure even though it is a pretty solid metal item. Jean came out of the bedroom and could see I was upset and it was all she could do to not laugh at me. I didn't know this though because I was so worked up! It didn't take long before Jean was laughing (and barely breathing) at me because she couldn't stop thinking about me laying there on the gate sprawled out into the living room. You see, my wife can't help but laugh when someone falls down....it's just the funniest thing for her to see. She tells me that if she had actually seen me take down the gate she would not have been able to keep from laughing right away. She even started laughing about it in the car again fifteen minutes later. Anyway, the gate is still functional, I've cooled off now and Jeanie got a really good laugh out of it. Laughter is good for a baby, right?

No comments: