About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Full Size Basketball?

Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks along. Wow, that's amazing! I just looked at the little ticker at the top of the screen here and it says only 15 days to go. Shocking. All week I've been wanting the baby to come NOW but when I read that, 15 days doesn't seem so long! I feel so anxious for him to get here and so unprepared at the same time. Good thing he'll come on his own time, otherwise I'd never be able to decide if I was ready or not.

This week has been pretty uneventful. On Tuesday at my doctor's appointment, I weighed in at 38.5 lbs gained and she measured me at 36.5 inches up and down the belly. At home, Kyle measured me at 41 inches around the belly. I'm not sure how big a basketball is, but I'm pretty sure I've got one under my shirt. Just take a look at this picture taken minutes ago:


When I look in the mirror it really doesn't look this big! And Kyle says that it's only about half a basketball, so we'll go with his description because it's better.

The last few days have been draining since I caught a nasty cold at work. Sore throat and stuffy nose....no fun. Hopefully that will go away before baby comes.

As for excitement this week, we packed our hospital bags and wrote out our birth plan. Kyle's bag mostly contains snacks, which is a good thing. He can get pretty crabby when he's hungry! Also, I decided to take the next two wednesdays off of work so I can get more rest and then Friday the 13th will be my last day, even if the baby hasn't come yet. Yay! The countdown begins!! =) Kyle is convinced little man is coming this week though, so it may be even sooner than that. We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Kiwi Berg said...

Holy cow you're ginormous! But lookin' good. Best wishes for a speedy delivery! -Berg