About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And I would walk five hundred miles...

Well, I missed my day in the baby pool at work. It chose yesterday, and it would've made sense from the way my day went. But alas, still no baby boy.

I started off the day with a trip to the doctor. Normally I go to the East Clinic but yesterday I had to go to the hosital. For those of you who don't know, St Mary's is under major construction and I'm a bit challenged when it comes to navigating that part of town. So I parked where the signs sort of told me to, even though my gut was telling me it was wrong. Should've went with the gut feeling because I ended up walking about 5 blocks to the hospital entrance, through the construction, and among the hard hat clad workers. None of whom whistled or made any flattering comments toward me. Hmmmm.....

I finally made it to the doctor's office and I was tired, hot, and crabby. Did I mention it was already in the seventies at 9:00 in the morning? I told the doctor about my long hike and her unsympathetic response was "well good, maybe that'll put you into labor". Let me tell you, that would've made it all worth it. But it was not his time I guess.

There was an upside to this appointment though; I may have gained another inch up and down my belly (now I'm 37.5) but I lost 1.1 lbs! And don't say it was probably the walk! There is no more room for food in the half/whole basketball.

After the hospital ordeal, I went to work only to have people staring at me all day as if I may burst into labor at any moment. I think they thought I had some mother's intuition about the day I picked in the pool. But really I just picked that day because Kyle had a double-header in softball and was so excited about it, that it seemed the most Murphy's law-ish day to choose.

Yep, that's right, you heard me. Last night we had a double header in softball. Yes, I went to both games. Yes, it rained almost the entire time. And yes, they locked the nasty park bathrooms so preggos like me had to use the even nastier port-a-potty. But all in all it was a really fun night. Kyle got his second home run of the season, and we even won our last game!

So after all that walking at the hospital, trudging to and from the ballfield, eating extra Cholula sauce at Taco John's, and making myself as exhausted as could be, still no baby boy. I suppose it's for the best, I may have been too exhausted to even get in the car to make the mad dash to town.

1 comment:

The Galvins said...

Hope you had a great day off after your adventure yesterday! Sounds tiring.

There was one more thing you could have tried...

I wish I could see you and the basketball!!! I'm ready to be an auntie!!! Yay!!!! Good luck in the days to come sis. We pray for you everyday!

Love you! Sara