About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gas Station Run

If you know me, you know I have a slight dependence on soda. Usually just one a day, but it's something I crave like crazy if I don't have it. While Kyle may enable me when it comes to chocolate, he never buys me soda unless I outright ask him to. I looks like that job has fallen to Ash.

The other night when Grandma and Grandpa Lein and Aunt Kiki were visiting, I came out of my room to find Ash fully dressed in outdoor gear. He had put on his hat, mittens, boots, and jacket all by himself for the first time ever! Granted the coat was on upside down, but he was ready to go! I asked him where he was going and he said "I going to da gas station, get mama a pop!" Oh that boy, I swear I could eat him up! He went to the back door and started struggling to unlock and open it. I had to remind him that we were just pretending, and he was ok with that.

Since that night, this has become one of his favorite games. Except now he can get his coat on the right way, with no help from me. Sometimes there are variations, like a run for "pop and ah cream for ju" (ice cream for you) and once he asked Kyle "hand me the keys, please". Lots of times he tries to get out the door and gets upset when he can't unlock it. But once I say "just pretend, right?" he says "oh yeah" and is over it.

Sometimes I feel bad that my obsession with Mountain Dew is so obvious to him, but it sure makes me feel good that my little guy wants to take care of his mama.

No comments: