About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gigantor Baby & the Search for a Halloween Costume


My baby is huge. Have you noticed?
Kyle and I have been looking at halloween costumes on ebay for Asher. We have bid on several and have yet to win an auction. It was getting pretty disheartening so I gave up.

So yesterday, mom and Asher went to town to get this costume situation taken care of once and for all. First we hit Walgreens.....nothing. Then we went to Target......they had some adorable costumes for reasonable prices! So I picked out the cutest one (a shaggy dog with a bone) and attempted to wrestle it on Asher while he laid in the basket of the cart. He was not enjoying this and I was struggling. But I didn't want to admit that it didn't fit (did I mention it was size 0-9 months?) so we headed over to the baby section (which is carpeted) and I laid him on the floor to try again. This time he didn't mind, but it was obvious that he was too big for the costume. Yes, my 3 month old is too big for a costume made for 0-9 month olds!!!

Discouraged, disappointed, and worried that my son will continue to gain 4 lbs a month until he's 2 years old and 100 lbs, we left Target and headed for Baby's R Us. At last, we found what we were looking for! An adorable costume, size 6-9, that is a bit roomy so he has room to grow in the next month before he wears it. Yes!

I guess it was a blessing that we didn't win any ebay auctions because the costumes probably would've been too small for our gigantor child.

No comments: