About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Go Meat!!

So far my pregnancy has gone pretty smoothly, praise the Lord! But it's been hard in many ways I didn't expect. I've never had heartburn before in my life - now it's a daily occurance. When I'm tired - I'M TIRED! Like someone unplugged me from the socket and I can go no further. I can't wear my rings anymore and I often feel starved, thirsty, and so full I could lose it - all at the same time. How is that even possible?

I don't think I've been overly emotional, which is good. But ask my husband and maybe he'll tell you differently. The one crazy tearfest that's most memorable happened about two weeks ago. Suddenly baby Lein decided enough of the fruits and veggies, a real little man needs meat! It was my strongest craving ever. It didn't matter what kind, but I wanted meat for dinner!

It was a Monday night, and as luck would have it, our fridge/freezer looked as though vegetarians lived here. And so the meltdown ensued. I started to cry and a bewildered Kyle asked what was wrong. "I want meat!" was my desperate reply. So my wonderful husband jumped in the car, shot over to the Piggly Wiggly and got me some Johnsonville Turkey Cheddar Brats. He hurried home to get the grill out of the shed, only to find that last fall it was put away dirty. So he cleaned it up as fast as he could and had a steamin plate of brats in front of me in no time at all.

In the words of Salt N Peppa "What a man, what a mighty, might good man!"

2 comments:

The Galvins said...

I guess a boy's gotta have meat! You're so blessed you have such a catering husband, Jean! I know I will too, but I don't think a lot of girls do!
Have a good Saturday, you better blog it.

Laura Lou said...

Wow! I give Kyle an A+ on this one:) I never had any major cravings throughout my pregnancy...well except pickles! What am I talking about...I have that craving ALL the time:) Love the blog...keep it up! -Laura Lou