About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Request and Dedication

Grandma sweetly suggested that I add a video to the blog of Asher saying his ABC's. I don't think she said please but I'll still oblige on account of being a proud mama. Of course when taking the video, Asher did not do as well as he usually does. Normally he only misses three letters, E, H, and R but this time he was a little excited about the camera. The ending is hard to make out, it needs a mama's translation: "Next time Asher sing with me". Enjoy!

Asher has had a funny day. When he was eating lunch he kept finding a mama hair on his finger. This happens a lot, as my hair is still falling out in post-pregnancy rebellion. Ash has termed them big, big hairs. So today he was trying to eat his jelly bagel and this hair would not leave him alone. At one point he thought he'd finally tossed it on the floor but it came back again. From the living room I heard him say, "go outside big, big hair!"

This evening he pretended to be eating candy. This doesn't sound like much, but it's the first time he's pretended without props. He came over to me and said, "Mama, I got sumpin for you". He held out his hand and said, "candy". I pretended to eat it and Ash said, "Asher eat candy too......it's delish!" I'm watching him play right now and he's doing several things he hasn't done before. It's like a switch flipped during his nap and suddenly he's older. Fun to watch but bittersweet as my sweet baby boy turns into a big kid.

Miss Liv is six months now and working on those same two teeth. They are clearly visible but still giving her rosy cheeks and a bit of pain. She is rolling everywhere and can sit on her own. She's also started moving in the walker.

Sunday we dedicated her to the Lord. It was a special day shared by the family and celebrated with much love and bbq sauce at Famous Dave's.

Asher wins the Funny Quote of the Day once again with: "Go outside big, big hair!"

1 comment:

Jenny Ribbink said...

I love reading your updates, it makes me miss them so much more! Sure do miss sharing those moments with Livie as I have with Ash! She's getting so big! I am happy to hear Livie was dedicated to the lord! Love to all!