About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Puddles And More

Hello friends and family! Welcome to the new and improved Lein family blog! As you may know, we have been without the internet for 6 months or more. Kyle finally said enough's enough and bit the bullet to get it hooked up again. After two weeks of frustration, we are up and running. The old blog had a boyish theme naturally, since our firstborn is a boy. But with Liv joining our family I thought we better makes some changes. I hope you enjoy Tales From the Minivan!

The last post I wrote was about 5 months ago. A lot of changes happen in a child's life, even in so few months. So rather than try to catch you up on all that's gone on, I will jump right into present day.

And that brings us to this morning and every parent's favorite topic - poop and/or pee. Sweet Asher woke up with damp pajamas. He was wearing head to toe fleece p.j.'s and I don't know if you know how much liquid fleece pajamas can soak up without feeling wet, but it's a lot! They are absorbent to the max. And that's what makes this story all the more unbelievable. When I went to change his sheets, not only did I find wet sheets, blankets, and stuffies on the bed, but I also found a puddle under the bed. Under the bed! How is this possible?

This is not the first time one of my children has performed an incredible bathroom feat. Why, sweet Livie has blown a poop out of her diaper, spraying me and the couch, without getting one single drop on herself or in her diaper. And she has done this not once, but twice! Don't ask me how she did it. Just take my word for it- it's true.

Puddles on the floor, and daily outfit changes for you and your child are all part of being a parent. Not the most fun part, but at least it gives you and your husband something to laugh about.

Hope this post wasn't too much bathroom talk for you to handle. I ensure you future posts will not be as graphic.

And now, onto everyone's favorite part....the pictures. Of course, none relate to today's topic but I'm sure you will enjoy them just as well.

Quote of the day made by Kyle: "I think these two are in cahoots already"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How your cute your kids are!!! Ash is getting so big and look at his cute hair!! Liv what can I saw just look how beautiful she is!! She's grown so much since I have been gone!

Megan said...

I love the new blog. And I've had those fun poop and pee times too.