About Us

My photo
We are the Lein Family. Kyle is the Daddy, Jean is the Mama, Asher is our big boy, and Livie is our sweet baby girl. We love friends, family, food, and the playground. And of course, we love our minivan.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I've been getting razzed quite a bit for not updating my blog anymore. I have to say it's pretty hard to find time to blog between the feedings, diaper changes, and trying to catch up on my sleep. And when I do find a free minute, it's hard to choose blogging over showering, putting lotion on my dry feet, or vegging out to Rachel Ray. But I finally found a second here so I thought I'd do my best for a quick post.






Asher is doing awesome. He's at least half a pound more than his birth weight now and he's grown two inches! He is an excellent baby and is rarely fussy. But even though he's so good, being a mom is insanely hard. It's no 9 to 5 job and that can be very overwhelming. Not to mention getting pooped and peed on, puked on, and having the baby cry and cry when you try to put him down for a nap or even change his diaper. But it's truly amazing how quickly your frustration and tears turn to pure joy when the crying stops and he looks up at you with those blueberry eyes and a peaceful look on his face. You forget the drama of the past 5-10 minutes (or maybe even an hour) and you just feel the love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jean and Kyle
you have a handsome young man and is just so darn cute, thanks for the new pic and I hope you all are doing great. jenny r

Sara Kane said...

Oh my! He is sooooo sweet!!!!

Sara Kane said...

One more thing....Don't worry, more sleep is near!!!!

The Galvins said...

I miss you, Leins!
Can't wait till Friday. :)
Sara

Laura Berner said...

Thanks for taking the time to update! We love hearing all about "today in the life of Asher..." :)